A parolee has been accused of rape.
- A North West man stands accused of raping his 12-year-old daughter.
- The man was previously convicted of rape and has been on parole since 2016.
- The Klerksdorp Magistrate’s Court denied the accused bail on Monday.
A convicted rapist, who was out on parole, has been accused of raping his 12-year-old daughter on two separate occasions in May this year.
According to the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA), the 38-year-old man, who cannot be named to protect the identity of the alleged victim, allegedly raped his minor daughter at his home in Jourberton near Klerksdorp in the North West.
“The first rape incident allegedly took place on 31 May 2021 when the accused allegedly ordered the child to undress before he started performing sexual acts on her. He allegedly raped her again the following day,” NPA spokesperson Henry Mamothame said.
“The child allegedly reported these rape incidents to her grandmother from her maternal side of the family and later reported [them] to the police.”
Mamothame said the victim had been living with her father after her mother died.
“Prior to the mother’s death, the accused stayed with the mother and the child at her parent’s home, whereupon her passing, he was forced to move back to his home. He then took the child to stay with him.”
The NPA also revealed that the accused was a parolee who had committed a similar offence in 2008. He was released on parole in 2016. His parole was set to expire on 23 December 2023.
The accused, who appeared in the Klerksdorp Magistrate’s Court on Monday, was denied bail and will remain in custody.
The matter was postponed to 23 August for further investigations.