Buying a pre-owned car can save you a lot of money and might possibly be one of the most cost-effective decisions you ever make.
WeBuyCars has been buying cars professionally for more than 18 years and is currently buying an average of 5,500 cars every month, providing them with expert knowledge in the field of inspecting and purchasing pre-owned cars.
What to look for when inspecting the car
- The smell of a car is a good indicator of a car’s age and how well the car has been kept by its previous owner.
- The texture of the steering wheel is a dead giveaway of a car’s age.
- The state of the peripherals and accessories is another indicator of how meticulous the previous owner was with their car.
- Contrast between the kilometers on the odometer and the appearance of the car might indicate that there was repair work carried out.
- A car that merely had a small accident, might not influence the functioning of the car, where a car that has been in a major crash, is a bigger risk.
- Inspect the car’s grill and mirrors, as it is another good indicator of the car’s age.
- The car should sit well on its wheels and not appear to be hanging as if it has a flat tyre, as it could be an indication of faulty air suspension.
Making a smart decision
- To prevent that you make a decision purely on emotion, it is always recommended to bring along someone, who knows more than you, to assist you in making a knowledgeable decision when buying a car.
- Remember that you get what you pay for and it is always worth it to pay more for a car that is still under warranty and assure you are protected, than paying less for a car without a warranty and are left without any protection.
- Before you sign the contract, ask for a copy of all the paperwork first, and ensure that you understand what you are signing and agreeing to.
Evidently, it is important to take all the factors into account when buying a pre-owned car in order to retrieve all its benefits, while eliminating unnecessary risks.
Now that you are equipped with these essential hints, you can start your car buying journey on the WeBuyCars website.
This article was published in partnership with WeBuyCars.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter