Mom reunited with child says she forgives baby snatcher

Mom reunited with child says she forgives baby snatcher

‘From me get back the baby it come in like me no really hate her’

Observer staff reporter

Saturday, February 09, 2019

Print this page
Email A Friend!

} else {

SUZZETT Whyte, the mother of the baby who was snatched from the Victoria Jubilee Hospital (VJH) had been harbouring hatred towards the woman who took her child a month ago.

However, all that has been thrown out as she was reunited with her second son, yesterday.

“Mi just feel good, mi cyaah explain it. From me get back the baby it come in like me no really hate her; I forgive her,” Whyte told the Jamaica Observer yesterday.

But she had one question to ask: “I just want to ask her why she would take away another woman baby?”

The baby was snatched from the Victoria Jubilee Hospital (VJH) on January 9. At the time, the 41-year-old mother told the Observer that approximately 5:00 am she was awakened after having a heavy flow of lochia. Not wanting to wake the mother who was immediately beside her, she said she trusted a woman clad in a denim skirt and a multi-coloured top, who had been standing and looking through the window and who offered to watch her baby while she went to the bathroom.

However, Whyte said that when she returned from her shower, only the baby’s hat was left on the bed.

On Tuesday, officials at the Registrar General’s Department (RGD) in Twickenham Park, St Catherine, detained a woman who had gone there with a baby with the intention of having the infant registered.

That same day, Whyte and her common-law husband, Sinclair Hutton, were asked by the Kingston Western Police to do a DNA test to determine whether the baby taken from the woman was theirs.

On Wednesday, a DNA test confirmed that the baby boy is the same child who was taken from the VJH last month.

As Whyte and Hutton waited at the Denham Town Police Station reporters began staring at a white BMW that drove up to the station. Then exited personnel from Glen Hope Nursery with a baby in hand.

The anticipation was a nervous kind of energy as the parents and their seven-year-old son Rudean, who had skipped school to meet his baby brother for the first time, sat in the front row as relatives, representatives from then Registrar General’s Department (RGD), Child Protection and Family Service Agency and the police awaited Sae’Breon’s arrival.

The nervousness soon came to an end.

Following a brief address by head of the Kingston Western Police Division Superintendent Howard Chambers, the chief executive officer, of the Child Protection and Family Services Agency Rosalee Gage-Grey placed Sae’Breon in his father’s arms for the first time.

Laughter erupted through the room as the baby made a gurgling sound.

“When me come in and hear that him downstairs me start cry,” the 46-year-old father said, clutching the month-old-baby.

Noting that last month felt like an entire year, Hutton said he now has peace of mind.

“It was stressful; at least I can go to work and focus on my work now more than thinking about the baby,” said the father, a plumber.

Source link

قالب وردپرس