Connect with us

TRINIDAD NEWS

Video of Elephant Man Renovating House After Beenie Man Diss

Published

on

Elephant Man is busy renovating his Kingston mansion amidst his beef with Beenie Man and it seems the Doc’s recent diss has motivated him to change the colour of his home.

The Dancehall veterans have been going at it since the start of the month after the ‘King of Dancehall’ took aim at the ‘Energy God’ in his latest single titled “Our Grung.”

In the track Beenie Man shared that Elephant Man has found it difficult to produce dancing tracks since Ding Dong Ravers came on the scene, “… from Ding Dong start sing the dancing song dem Elephant doah find none,” the Doc deejays over the beat produced by Zinc House Records.

Jamaicans Reacts To Gabrielle Union Cooking Oxtail For Thanksgiving Dinner ?

Elephant Man wasn’t feeling Beenie Man’s lyrics and recorded a gritty diss single titled “Nah Talk” in which he spoke about the veteran artiste’s alleged involvement with the murder of dancer Gerald ‘Bogle’ Levy, his past relationship with D’Angel plus a slew of other topics.

Last week Beenie Man dropped the gritty Frenz For Real Production single last week, blasting the Beenie Man over his diss track.

“I never know seh one line could a cause so much problem bwoii,” Beenie Man says in the introduction before making fun of Elephant Man’s speech defect.

“Ding tek weh yuh light fi dat yuh shame / man a roses fi life this ain’t no game / (irrelevant man) yuh house look like yuh hairstyle / Mr fake jewellery and Mr fake smile / yuh career wan fix up like outta three mile,” Beenie Man spits over the beat.

Seems Elephant Man got his message loud and clear and has since changed the colour of his home, “Suh wah dem a seh now? Hmmm mi sorry fi dem eno,” Ele can be heard saying in the video while singing and showing off his new colour.


Source link

قالب وردپرس

TRINIDAD NEWS

CARICOM Upset with OAS Secretary General Over Dominica Elections Tweet

Published

on

By

CARICOM chairman Dr Timothy Harris says OAS Secretary General Luis Almagro’s action is “the latest manifestation of his inappropriate behaviour”.

ROSEAU, Dominica, Wednesday February 20, 2019 – A post on the Twitter account of  Secretary General of the Organization of
American States (OAS), Luis Almagro relating to upcoming elections in Dominica has
left the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) upset with the OAS boss yet again.

The 15-member regional grouping, which recently
condemned Almagro for recognizing Venezuela’s opposition leader Juan Guaido who
declared himself interim president, has now chastised him for what they said
was his apparent support of a comment that the polls due in Dominica next year
would not be free and fair.

In his tweet of February 7, Almagro
stated that he had met with the
island’s former ambassador to the OAS, Crispin Gregoire, who “expressed his
concern that the upcoming elections in Dominica are not free and fair”.

But in a statement issued today, CARICOM
chairman Dr Timothy Harris – Prime Minister of St Kitts and Nevis – said Almagro
“associating himself with a suggestion that Dominica will not conduct free and
fair upcoming elections is the latest manifestation of his inappropriate
behaviour”.

“CARICOM remains deeply concerned by
the actions and statements of the Secretary-General of the Organisation of
American States which are outside the bounds of his remit as the Head of an
international organisation,” he said.

“Further, it is disturbing that without
first consulting with the Government of Dominica, which is a Member State of
the organisation, he, as Secretary-General, should be associating himself with
such an inference.

“The Community once again calls on the
Secretary-General to refrain from actions and statements which are beyond the
competence of the Office and affect the impartiality of the organisation which
he has the privilege to lead,” the CARICOM Chairman added.

Dominica’s Minister of Foreign and
CARICOM Affairs Francine Baron wrote to Almagro a day after the offending
tweet, demanding an apology and that he immediately take down the post which
she said was “inaccurate, false and misleading”.

However, the tweet remains on Almagro’s account.

Click here to receive news via email from Caribbean360. (View sample)

Source link

قالب وردپرس

Continue Reading

TRINIDAD NEWS

Guyana’s Election Commission Says it Can’t Hold Elections by March

Published

on

By

GEORGETOWN, Guyana, Wednesday February 20, 2019 – The Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) says it
cannot hold elections by next month, the deadline by which polls should be conducted
following the coalition government’s loss of a no-confidence motion last
December.

The seven-member commission – comprised
of three government-nominated commissioners, three commissioners nominated by
the main opposition People’s Progressive Party (PPP) and a chairman – yesterday
voted to formally advise that it cannot hold elections by March 19. One of the three
opposition-nominated commissioners abstained from the vote on that issue, while
the other two voted against.

Under the Constitution, elections should
be held within 90 days after the passage of a no-confidence motion unless an extension
is agreed to by at least two-thirds of the members in the National Assembly.

But GECOM said it does not have the
necessary funding.

On that issue, as well as the vote on GECOM
continuing with its work plan for 2019 – which includes the start of the
house-to-house registration process, for which budgetary allocations were
already made – all three opposition commissioners voted against and the chairman
used his tie-breaking vote to side with the commissioners nominated by the
Government.

With regards to the possibility of
using monies allocated for the house-to-house registration for an election, Chief
Elections Officer Keith Lowenfield approached the Ministry of Finance for
advice.

The Guyana Chronicle quoted him as
saying that: “Based on the advice that we got from the Ministry of Finance, we
do not have the resources, the monies to run an election at this time….They
have indicated that we cannot use the money for registration to move it over to
elections. What we have to do is go back to the National Assembly for a special
appropriation for elections.”

Acting Chief Justice Roxane
George-Wiltshire last month ruled that the no-confidence motion against
government, passed on December 21, 2018 when then government backbencher Charrandass
Persaud voted with the Opposition, was valid, and elections should therefore be
held.

However, government is appealing the decision.

Click here to receive news via email from Caribbean360. (View sample)

Source link

قالب وردپرس

Continue Reading

TRINIDAD NEWS

Trinidad Police Capture Most Wanted Man

Published

on

By

Handcuffed Prisoner

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad, Monday February 18, 2019 – One of Trinidad and
Tobago’s most wanted men has been captured.

The
Trinidad and Tobago Police Service (TTPS) did not identify the man but said in
a statement yesterday that he was wanted in connection with a number of shootings
and shooting-related offences.

The
30-year-old suspect was held during ‘Operation Strike Back’ exercises on
Saturday, following intense surveillance. He was arrested for possession of a
Glock 17 pistol, a magazine containing eight rounds of 9mm ammunition, an
extended magazine, and 32 rounds of 9mm ammunition.

Police
said two reputed gang leaders have also been charged for various offences.

In its
statement, the TTPS noted that over the past five days since the police alert
was raised to its highest level in light of an upsurge in criminal activity, “there
was not a homicide, shooting or wounding attributed to gang-related activity,
while in the five days prior to the raising of the police alert state to ‘Red’
there were 22 such incidents”.

More
than 250 people have been arrested in connection with various offences
including gang activity, shootings, outstanding warrants and gun and narcotic
possession in anti-crime exercises that began since late last week.

Police Commissioner Gary Griffith has put law abiding citizens on notice that they may experience some inconvenience due to these intensified operations, but said it was necessary to deal with criminal activity and to maintain law and order across the country.

Click here to receive news via email from Caribbean360. (View sample)

Source link

قالب وردپرس

Continue Reading

Upcoming African-Caribbean Events

May
4
Sat
2019
1:30 am 1st Annual JouvertRadio Caribbea... @ In The Maryland Area
1st Annual JouvertRadio Caribbea... @ In The Maryland Area
May 4 @ 1:30 am – 8:15 pm
1st Annual JouvertRadio Caribbean Cookoff @ In The Maryland Area
#EATCARIBBEAN J’Ou,VertRadio’s 1st ANNUAL CARIBBEAN COOK OFF!! ONLY CARIBBEAN DISHES The Caribbean Cook off is a celebration and a contest of the DMV’s number one consumed food. The most talented chefs, mom & pop cooks[...]

Trending